Linda Birnie Bowen Therapist, Ripon,
Mob: 07770 455118
What is the Bowen Technique?
Bowen is primarily a remedial therapy which enhances and complements, rather than interferes with traditional medical management.
* The technique consists of a series of gentle moves across muscle, tendon and other soft tissue. The therapist uses their fingers or thumbs on specific areas of the body and applies gently pressure to effect a movement of the tissue. This can be over light clothing (no undressing) or directly on to skin. A Bowen therapy session is particularly relaxing and restful. Bowen therapy does not involve: massage; deep tissue movement; joint manipulation.
* A Bowen session may last from 15 minutes to an hour. Surprisingly few sessions are required to alleviate structural or functional or even long-standing complaints. A course of treatment is affordable at less than £100 and includes a consultation and three Bowen sessions.
* There is no situation where the Bowen Technique cannot be used safely and to good effect. For example: athletes and pregnant women benefit equally, each according to individual need. Athletes: as part of their preparation for competition, or to help recover from sports injury/s (Bowen Therapy is particularly good for sports injuries). Pregnant women: helping with the management of back pain. Babies: reducing the symptoms of colic. People with chronic illness or terminal illness: wanting symptom relief.
* Bowen therapy is also often used as part of a well person maintenance regime, whereby a person has 2 or 3 sessions a year as part of a healthy lifestyle programme.
Simply stated, Bowen Therapy allows the body to reset and heal itself with the therapist working as a catalyst to this process.
Who am I?
* I have worked as a Health Service Practitoner for the past 30 years as a nurse then midwife.
* I am a qualified Bowen Therapist (European College of Bowen Therapy).
* I am based in Ripon and work within a 20 mile radius.
* I can see you in the comfort of your own home if you would prefer. Why not telephone today for a free initial consultation.