Below are the polls which have already been run on Ripon Internet.
Should the Lightwater Valley Holiday Village be given Permission to Go Ahead?
- Yes, it will be good for the area (44%)
- No, it will be a blot on the landscape (19%)
- Yes, but not on such a grand scale (7%)
- There needs to be a better traffic system at the clocktower (30%)
What should the Market Square be used for to help Ripon the most?
- Full parking all the time - more cars, more shoppers. (23%)
- Full & exciting list of events for the Market Square (27%)
- Full Pedestrianised area (27%)
- Half Parking, Half Pedestrianised for events. (23%)
Is the cost of the new flood defences worth it?
- Yes, we need the defences (64%)
- No, let nature take it's course (32%)
- It seems a huge amount of money being spent (4%)
Do people in Ripon buy and read the Ripon Gazette?
- I buy it every week and read it (44%)
- I sometimes buy it and read it (31%)
- I never buy it or read it (26%)
Is the Market Place the best place for the travelling Fair?
- I enjoy the fair but think it should be relocated (24%)
- Yes it is the best place (24%)
- No, I avoid Ripon when the fair is on (52%)
Will free parking in Ripon encourage you to shop in Ripon more?
- Generally always shop in Ripon anyway (30%)
- Yes, it will do (57%)
- No, prefer the large out of town complexes (13%)
Should the Railway line be reopened between Ripon & Harrogate?
- Yes, in favour of it (76%)
- No, waste of money (13%)
- Potentially a good idea (9%)
- It will never happen (2%)
What is the solution to keep Ripon's streets cleaner?
- More street cleaners (18%)
- More litter bins (35%)
- People to be more diligent (41%)
- It will always be a problem (6%)
What is the solution to parking in Ripon?
- Park & Ride (36%)
- Build a multi-storey (50%)
- More on-street parking (14%)
- Other (0%)